January 19, 2017 – Oxford Preparatory Academy-Chino Valley’s ongoing renewal efforts made headlines at the OC Register, Daily Bulletin, and San Bernardino Sun yesterday. The article provided a historical perspective on our renewal efforts so far and revealed details about the organization’s Recovery Plan shared by the Interim Director and Interim Managing Director at last week’s update meetings.
Inland Valley Daily Bulletin writer Beau Yarbrough highlighted our Board of Directors’ recent moves to ensure a brighter future for all Champions.
Oxford Preparatory’s recovery plan tackles the criticisms head on, addressing 20 points raised by the two audits as well as other complaints made about the board. The Oxford school board’s plan includes better internal financial controls, including:
• Requiring two executives to approve any expenditure of $10,000 or more
• Reviewing agreements with contractors to eliminate any self-dealing or inappropriate relationships between the schools and vendors
• Beginning the legal process to recover funds still controlled by Edlighten
• Replacing the board and ranking school executives with new people unconnected to Roche
• Taking measures to improve transparency