Oxford Preparatory Academy’s Board Treasurer, Raymond Jackson, is pleased to announce an opportunity for our business-minded stakeholders and community members seeking to make a difference in the lives of all Champion students.
Audit Committee Applications Now Accepted
Oxford Prep’s Board of Directors is currently accepting applications for the Audit Committee. This committee will assist the Board in the oversight of the annual independent audit process. At least three stakeholders are needed from each school.
Experience with charter school finances is not a requirement for applicants. Our committee will benefit from different voices, skills, and experience from a range of industries and backgrounds.
Interested parents, staff, and community members are invited to apply to the Audit Committee on our website.
Who should apply
- Parents, staff, and/or community members who possess knowledge in accounting, auditing, financial reporting, and/or charter school finances.
- Stakeholders with knowledge of internal controls, financial statement audits, and management/operational audits.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet with the independent auditor prior to Oxford’s yearly audit to discuss the process and our organization’s needs.
- Oversee the preparation and completion of the annual independent audit of the organization’s financial affairs.
- Review and discuss with the auditor any risk assessment of the organization’s fiscal operations developed as part of the auditor’s responsibilities under governmental auditing standards.
- Review the draft annual audit report and accompanying draft management letter and make a recommendation to the Board on accepting the annual audit report.
- Review any audit exceptions or deficiencies and report to the Board with recommendations on how to resolve them.
For a more detailed description of the Audit Committee, please review our Board’s recently approved Audit Charter.