Dear OPA Families:
It’s hard to believe that Fall officially begins this weekend even though we have already been in school for a month. My first month at OPA has been a great experience and I am so glad to have had the opportunity to get to know so many of you in such a short period of time. I look forward to getting to know more of you as the year goes on.
As I get to know you, I better understand the issues that you care about and sometimes I receive similar questions and comments often enough that I think it makes sense to highlight them in this weekly message.
After/Before-School Program Change and Policies
As those of you who take advantage of our before and after school programs already know, we recently made a change to ensure that our after-school programs meet the highest standards of quality and accountability for our families. I’m very pleased to announce that we have reached an agreement with the YMCA of Orange County to provide this important service to our students! Their long history of service to Orange County Communities will undoubtedly be a great benefit for our schools and I am excited that we have been able to bring them on board.
We are in the process of finalizing the agreement and securing all the necessary permits and I will continue to keep you updated as the process moves forward.
In the meantime, school-site staff will continue their much-appreciated work of being with your children during before and after school hours. I have been asked by many people about the availability of these programs during minimum days as well as days when there is no class due to parent-teacher conferences and other staff development days. We have several of these days coming up in October.
- October 3rd – 5th are parent-teacher conference days and there is no
- OPA will provide a before and after school program on these days on the OPA-SV campus for children who have been attending the program at OPA-SOC or OPA-SV.
- Please contact the Office Manager at your school by September 30th if you anticipate your child will attend the program on one or more of these
- October 9th -12th are minimum days where the staff is engaged in training and development activities in the
- OPA will provide a before and after school program on these dates at both campuses for children who have been attending these programs.
Feel free to reach out to me or to your professors and chancellors should you have any questions. Have a wonderful weekend!