Dear OPA Families,
I hope you had lovely sun-filled weekend.
Thank you for attending and tuning in to last week’s SOC Town Hall and OPA Board of Directors meetings. We strive to keep you continuously updated and informed about your schools. Our next Town Hall meeting is Monday, February 25th at 5:30 PM on the Saddleback Valley Campus in Honour Hall. I hope you will join us with your questions and suggestions.
I am pleased to announce that starting next year, both campuses will provide full day kindergarten. Facts about OPA’s full day Kindergarten program are below:
- Kindergarten students will have a similar schedule to students in grades 1-8, however, they will be dismissed approximately 30 minutes
- Kindergarten classes will each have their own
- Kindergarten class sizes will remain the same (30:1).
Full day Kindergarten provides the following benefits:
- Increased instructional time
- Increased access to non-core classes and enrichment activities
- Ability to incorporate all core subjects into instruction each day
- Improved reading, writing, and mathematics skills when entering 1st grade
- Improved social and behavioral readiness for 1st grade
- Greater ability for hands-on, inquiry learning and a greater variety of student activities throughout the day
Also, I am excited to report that OPA Open Enrollment begins Monday, February 25th! Please share this information with family, friends and community members. You are our best school ambassadors and trusted sources of information. Starting Monday, OPA admissions, lottery and enrollment information can be accessed at https://apply.oxfordpreparatoryacademy.com/admissions. Let’s spread the work about our great schools!
Lastly, I want to announce that Mrs. Priscilla Trichet will be leaving our Board of Directors at the end of this month. She has been a dedicated advocate of OPA as a parent and board member and we are indebted to her commitment. We plan to honor her during our next Board Meeting and wish her the very best as she pursues her many professional and personal interests. Our Board of Directors will be seeking qualified candidates to serve as members of Board.
Have an excellent week.