Hello OPA Families!
I hope you are having a great summer. I am looking forward to greeting our new and returning families in a few short weeks. Below is a short summary of our summer priorities and activities.
Unify OPA as a single and shared organization with two schools. Although our students are assigned to a specific campus, our faculty and staff increasingly are working together as a single team. To this end, faculty and staff are attending team meetings, planning sessions and professional development in job alike groups.
We also have made some staff moves over the summer in order to capitalize on the strengths of our amazing OPA staff members. Robbie Sanchez is now our Maintenance Technician, coordinating facilities at both campuses; Office Managers Hadley Fukuda and Eva Opanasik have switched schools; and Leanne Williams is our Library Media Specialist at both campuses. We are very excited to continue to build a culture of shared ideas and unity throughout the organization and these and other changes will continue to strengthen OPA and further improve our incredible organization.
The OPA uniform policy is the same for both campuses. We are expanding a few choices:
- Shirts: white or teal polo shirts; white dress shirts
- Sweaters: gray or black
- Pants: khaki or black
- Ties: OPA plaid, black solid or dark gray solid
- OPA plaid still is available for ties, jumpers, shirts and skorts
- Shoes and socks: color coordination with uniforms is nice, but there are no color or pattern restrictions and students may display their creativity
- Embroidered OPA-logo patches are optional
- Clothing can be purchased from any vendor – suggestions appear on the OPA website The OPA university tee-shirt will be provided by OPA.
The OPA gym shirt will be provided by OPA. Students will wear solid black gym shorts.
Use technology to increase efficiency and economy and improve communication.
- Earlier this year OPA implemented a web-based student application and lottery system.
- School Messenger will be replaced by our Aeries system to communicate school-wide messages.
- Employee portals and electronic timecards will be replacing hard copy payroll documents.
- Also, our OPA website has an updated look and is easier to navigate; it will be operational shortly.
- This summer we promoted and hired talent who meet standards of excellence. School Chancellors will introduce teachers and staff assignments for this year. This information will appear on the updated website.
- I am pleased to announce Ms. Jaclynn Merlette has been promoted to Dean at OPA-SV. She brings a deep knowledge of Special Education, school operations, our OPA community and the attributes of organization, attention to detail and professionalism to the position. Ms. Merlette will report to Mr. Garrett Bridges, who was promoted to Chancellor.
- Ms. Delite Travis, Associate Vice President of Strategic Engagement and Development at Chapman University and SV parent, has joined our OPA Board of Directors. To learn more about Ms. Travis, please refer to her bio at https://oxfordpreparatoryacademy.com/board/
On a final note, CUSD approved the OPA-SOC 2019-2024 charter petition for renewal for a five year term. Many thanks to everyone at OPA and CUSD for making this happen. What a great way to start our new school year!
Best regards, Jill